It’s a fact our world is changing! We all like to eat Chicken, so you must have chicken farms, ranches whatever they call them. You DO NOT have to constantly smell the odor! Here is what you can do and it is totally anonymous to report. Here is a link to TEXQ’S website. Simply fill out this form as soon as you smell a problem.
The full article from TECQ
What you need to know to make an odor complaint:
- We cannot confirm a nuisance violation without knowing your identity. However, if you want to remain anonymous, we can still conduct an investigation to determine if there is a violation of other operational rules or standards.
- When we investigate a nuisance odor complaint, we gather evidence to help us evaluate the four primary characteristics of odors; frequency, intensity, duration, and offensiveness (FIDO)—so any information you can provide concerning these characteristics will assist us in the investigation. We also need information regarding the alleged source of the odor. You may use the Odor Log for documentation purposes.
- In order to issue a violation, we may ask you to sign a written statement or affidavit if the investigator confirms nuisance conditions.
- As with all complaints, if the situation is an imminent threat to your health or to the environment, we will respond within 24 hours — usually much sooner.
Specifics regarding poultry odor complaints:
We are required to investigate odor complaints concerning a poultry facility, or the land application of poultry litter by a poultry facility, within 18 hours if:
- It is the second such odor complaint against a poultry facility, or
- We have substantiated odor nuisance conditions from that poultry facility in the previous 12 months.
For poultry odor complaints within the Waco Region (Bell, Bosque, Brazos, Burleson, Coryell, Falls, Freestone, Grimes, Hamilton, Hill, Limestone, Lampasas, Leon, Madison, McLennan, Milam, Mills, Robertson, San Saba, Washington counties):
- Call (254) 751-0335 or toll-free at (888) 777-3186 from 8 AM until 5 PM on Monday thru Friday, or
- Call (254) 744-4741 after normal working hours and on weekends or holidays. (To receive the quickest response, we suggest you call our Waco office directly at one of these phone numbers.)
Specifics regarding oil and natural gas odors:
Complaints concerning odors associated with oil and natural gas activities require an expedited response if the agency has substantiated odor nuisance conditions in the previous 12 months at the alleged source of the complaint. In this instance, an on-site investigation will be conducted by regional staff within one working day of receipt of the complaint by the TCEQ regional office. All other oil and natural gas related complaints within TCEQ jurisdiction will be prioritized and investigated in accordance with the Field Operations Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
For all areas of the state, to submit a complaint you can: